It is essential to get a suitable educator collar for your dog if you want to train them while keeping them comfortable at the same time. There are many educator collars on the market, with Dogtra being a popular brand. Dogtra is the best shock collar for large dogs and it offers a wide range of collars. Dogtra also has the best training collar for australian shepherd, and the best training collar for stubborn dogs, but are they any good?
In this article, you will learn about the different Dogtra collars available, what they do, their pros and cons, and whether they are worth the money. I will explore features offered and existing customer reviews.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Dogtra Remote Training Collars?
- 2 Dogtra Products
- 3 What People Are Saying About Dogtra Collars
- 4 Pros and Cons of Dogtra Training Collars
- 5 Dogtra Collars Return Policy and Warranty
- 6 Are Dogtra Collars Worth It?
What Are Dogtra Remote Training Collars?
Remote training collars are also known as educator collars, electric collars, vibrator collars, or obedience training collars. They come with a handheld remote control device that helps you train your dog by sending signals based on good or bad behavior. When the dog does things you want to discourage, you can send signals to them with your handheld device to help them understand not to do it again. Dog bark collars also help curb a dog’s barking. The collar will also help the dog associate good commands when the dog barks.
In addition, some collars send those signals automatically when your dog barks loudly. These collars are also known as no-bark collars, as they train your dog not to bark.
There are various ways to send signals to your dog. For example, you can buy a vibration collar that vibrates when your dog is doing something you would like to discourage. Many vibration collars have different vibration settings. Some collars give a small zap that doesn’t cause any pain, while others allow you to choose between a zap or a vibration.
Dogtra is a brand that sells remote training collars. It sells a wide range of such collars for all types of dogs and with various types of signals.
Let’s review some of Dogtra’s top products. We’ll examine their features and see how they perform.
- ACCELEROMETER BARK SENSOR: The YS600 No Bark Collar comes with the latest cutting edge technology in the market. The YS600 has a built-in...
- BARK INDICATOR: The Persistent Bark Indicator informs dog owners of excessive barking each time the unit is turned off. It is the perfect tool to...
- CORRECTIONS: The YS600 offers 10 corrections to find the perfect level for your dog. It also offers the HPP (High-Performance Pager) that can be...
No-Bark Collars are the entry range in the Dogtra collar collection. They start at just $49.99 and go up to $89.99, making them more affordable than the more intense Dogtra training collars.
For example, the YS200, which has three stimulation levels, costs just $49.99 and is designed for small dogs. The IQ VIBE is a no-bark vibration collar with three levels of vibrations you can use to train your dog. All no-bark collars have unique technology that helps the collar distinguish between the dog’s bark and ambient noise.
Obedience Training Collars
- Bundle of 2 Items: Dogtra IQ Plus+ Remote Training Collar and PetsTEK clicker. Perfect for dogs from 10 pounds and up. Ultra compact, waterproof...
- Product Features: Up to 400 yard range, waterproof collar and water-resistant remote, 100 levels of stimulation ranging from low to medium,...
- Advanced Features: Dogtra’s IQ Plus+ dog training unit gives you an ability to adjust the sensitivity of the collar with ease. Select the...
What’s the difference between the dogtra vs mini educator? These collars start at $119.99 and go all the way up to $269.99. The IQ MINI, which is for small dogs, costs $179.99. Weighing only 1.3 ounces, it is a good choice for dogs as small as seven pounds.
The 1900S HANDSFREE takes remote training to the next level by giving you a hands-free option, allowing you to multitask. It is on the more expensive side of the Dogtra collection, costing $269.99. However, it is a great training device for dog owners who need to multitask and train their dogs for obedience, hunting, or any other purpose.
Service Dog and K9 Training Collars
- LONGER RANGE: With a 1.5 mile range, this dog collar lets you maximize training for 2 dogs. It can effectively cover more distance whether you're...
- EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE: Elevate your dog's hunting or competition performance with this Dogtra collar. With 8 levels of electric stimulation,...
- EASE OF USE: This dog training ecollar is simple to use whether you're a professional dog trainer or regular dog owner. The transmitter remote...
Dogtra also provides several solutions for K9 training. Although designed to be useful for military and law enforcement K9 training, you can also use these products to train dogs for all sorts of purposes.
They tend to be on the more expensive side, however. For example, the Dogtra 3502X, which is best for advanced handlers and it’s also the best automatic bark collar. It costs $499.99. The BALL TRAINER and BALL TRAINER PRO is a dog bark collar that also train dogs to catch, fetch, and hunt by launching balls. The anti bark collar teaches your dog to be more obedient.
GPS Tracking Collars
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view...
- NO CORRECTION: Dogtra’s PATHFINDER TRX tracking collar does not come with any correction and provides easy location sharing for dogs and dog...
- UKC, AKC, and PKC APPROVED: This tracking collar is perfect for any working, hunting, or competitive situations and is approved for UKC, AKC, and...
The GPS tracking collars can keep tabs on as many as 21 dogs at once. When you are hunting with dogs or conducting training exercises in the field as a K9 instructor, it is essential to track your dogs at all times.
- Bundle of 2 Items: Dogtra T&B Dual Dial for two dogs remote training collar and PetsTEK clicker. Perfect for dogs from 35 pounds and up. Unique...
- Product Features: Up to 1.5-mile range, fully waterproof ergonomic collar and receiver, 127 levels of stimulation ranging from low to high,...
- Advanced Features: Dogtra’s T&B Dual remote comes with OLED screen, two sets of Rheostat Dials and buttons dedicated to each collar. Select...
Dogtra offers several collars that also offer a beep function to locate your dog. There are quite a few options, including dual beeper and training collars and collars with different beeping sounds.
What People Are Saying About Dogtra Collars
People tend to enjoy most Dogtra products. Many reviews on the website attest that the collars are waterproof, lightweight, and work well. There are positive reviews for most Dogtra type products, including no-bark collars, obedience training collars, and hunting collars.
However, beeper collars did not get as many good reviews. People seemed to display a certain level of dissatisfaction with the beeper collars.
For example, one reviewer mentioned that the T&B DUAL 1-DOG dual trainer and beeper collar stopped working after only 13 hours of use, and that it only had a range of six feet. The T&B DUAL 2-DOG, which is used for two dogs at once, had better reviews, though one reviewer mentioned that it made a loud startup noise.
The STB BEEPER COLLAR did not get such great reviews. One reviewer pointed out that it was missing some critical features and mentioned that they would have preferred to push a button to power the collar on and off, and would have liked “volume adjustment, slide on collar attachment, and lighter weight.”
Dogtra collars got excellent reviews on Amazon as well. For example, one reviewer mentioned that the Dogtra ARC Slim Ergonomic 3/4-Mile Remote Dog Training E-Collar was ideal for training their dog. They said they now only need to use the low vibration setting, as their dog knows that it could stop there and that it does not have to lead to a zap after that.
Pros and Cons of Dogtra Training Collars
- The dog trainer collars are of high quality and durable.
- The collars are entirely waterproof..
- There is a wide range of product options available.
- You are getting good value for your money.
- The collars are lightweight.
- There are more affordable options out there.
- The beeper collars don’t always work over long distances and could use some improvement.
Dogtra Collars Return Policy and Warranty
Fortunately, Dogtra offers a 30-day return policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days, as long as you have the original packaging, proof of purchase, and the item is still in perfect condition. Therefore, make sure to save the proof of purchase and the packaging for 30 days.
While you won’t be able to return a collar after 30 days, you can take advantage of the manufacturer’s warranty, which covers defective or malfunctioning products.
Are Dogtra Collars Worth It?
Overall, Dogtra collars are worth it. There are cheaper options out there, but Dogtra is a reliable brand that has been around for a while. The reviews are excellent (for most products, at least), and Dogtra is transparent about its products.
Dogtra collars are suitable for dogs of all sizes. If you have a smaller dog, you can opt for one of the smaller, cheaper options, and go for a product with a lower stimulation or vibration level. These are specifically made to stimulate certain spots for improved training results. If you have a larger dog, or if you want to train a dog for purposes such as hunting or police work, you can choose one of the more advanced kits.
CLICK HERE to shop our complete selection of high quality dog products!