You love your dog and want him to have the best collar you can find. If you want to go all out, get a custom embroidered dog collar for your pup. Not only are customized collars more fashionable, but they also have fantastic safety features. For example, you can make your dog’s name and your mobile phone number part of the design.
You can choose an embroidered or printed dog collar. There are many kinds of custom dog collars available in a variety of materials. The array of options means that you can get the exact dog collar that you want. Let’s compare printed and embroidered custom dog collars and find out which option is the most durable. We’ll also explore other helpful information about dog collars.
Table of Contents
- 1 What’s the Difference Between a Printed and Embroidered Dog Collar?
- 2 What Do You Want the Collar Made Of?
- 3 Which Collar Design Is Best for Your Dog?
- 4 Your Dog’s Collar Must Fit Properly
- 5 Embroidered Dog Collar – Other Tips to Remember
- 6 Go Ahead and Treat Your Dog
What’s the Difference Between a Printed and Embroidered Dog Collar?
- Premium Reflective Nylon - This customized dog collar is made of high-quality nylon fabric, strong and durable for small medium, and large...
- Soft Padded & Comfy - The collar is padded with soft Neoprene and no worries about irritating your furry friends. Your dog will appreciate the...
- Laser Etched Stainless Steel Nameplate - All customized texts are engraved by laser, they are clear and readable. You can engrave up to four...
With a printed custom dog collar, whatever you want on your dog collar will be printed directly on it. If you go with an embroidered custom collar, the same information is embroidered into the collar. If you’re trying to decide whether to go with a printed or embroidered custom dog collar, you probably wonder which option is more durable.
With some custom collars, there is a metal plate where your information can be engraved. If you get a leather collar, the engraving can be done directly in the leather. A leather dog collar is an investment, as it’s more expensive than other options. However, it’s remarkably durable and may last for several years.
Generally speaking, embroidered or engraved custom collars are more durable than printed ones. When your information goes on the collar with printing, it might eventually wear off. With embroidery or engraving, on the other hand, this won’t happen. If there is any wearing down of embroidery or engraving, it will take a lot longer and occur after a lot more wear and tear than you would get out of a printed collar.
With an embroidered custom dog collar, your chosen text and numbers are embroidered with thread into the collar. Engraving is different. This process seems similar, but it carves the letters and numbers into a leather collar or a metal tag. As a result, engraving tends to be longer lasting than embroidery.
What Do You Want the Collar Made Of?
- ADJUSTABLE / CUSTOMIZABLE FIT: This handmade dog collar fits small, medium, large, and big dogs. It can be used for neck sizes ranging from 13...
- VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE: This heavy duty waterproof dog collar is constructed with rust resistant, nickel-plated double buckle which lets the...
- COMPLETELY WATERPROOF: Does your pup love the beach? This is the perfect collar for you! vinyl-coated webbing is more durable than rubber, nylon,...
Decide on the kind of material you want used for your dog collar before ordering a custom collar for your pet. Dog collars can use several different materials. These include leather, nylon, polyester, biothane, neoprene, hemp, and more. The suitable material for your dog will depend on the kinds of activities you do with your dog and other factors.
For example, there are waterproof dog collars available. If your dog spends a lot of time in the water, this may be a fantastic choice. Looking forward to bringing your dog to the beach soon? Think about one of these cute collars!
Which Collar Design Is Best for Your Dog?
- GREAT IDENTIFICATION FOR YOUR DOG. Our strong nylon dog collar comes personalized with your dog's name and phone number permanently stitched into...
- DURABLY MADE WITH COMFORT IN MIND. Made of high-quality nylon webbing, a stainless steel D-ring for tag and leash attachment, and a secure...
- 5 COLLAR COLORS and 15 EMBROIDERY THREAD COLOR OPTIONS
As well as deciding whether you want printing or embroidery on the collar, you also have to decide on a collar type. There are several types of dog collars available.
Most dog collars you’ve seen were probably flat collars. The flat collar is the most popular type of dog collar. A flat collar’s closure is a plastic snap or buckle. The plastic snap variety is called a quick-release closure. The collar also has a ring on which you attach your dog’s ID tags and whatever else you need on his collar. This is also where you attach the leash.
A properly fitting flat collar should fit your dog so that there’s enough room for you to get two fingers between it and your dog’s neck. This makes sure that it’s neither too tight nor too loose. You can get a custom flat collar in one of the many materials that dog collars are available in, such as leather, nylon, or polyester, and more.
Do you have a dog with a small head that means he can escape from his collar? If so, you should get him a custom limited-slip collar. Limited-slip collars are sometimes called martingale collars.
Some dog breeds that usually need limited-slip collars are sighthounds such as Whippets, Salukis, and Greyhounds. If your dog has a head that is the same width or narrower than its neck, it can slip out of its collar. This is where the martingale collar comes in. A martingale or limited-slip collar’s unique design means that it will tighten whenever your dog attempts to slip out of it.
You must correctly adjust your martingale collar so that it will never tighten too much. Make sure it will never get smaller than the diameter of your pet’s neck. If it goes smaller than that, it will choke your dog. Measure your dog’s neck to find out the correct size for this adjustment.
A head collar is a more unusual kind of collar. If you have a large and powerful dog that resists you and jumps up on walks, a head collar might be a good choice. It includes a halter that goes around the muzzle area. This is different from a traditional collar, which goes around the neck.
Like other kinds of collars, a head collar must be correctly fitted. If you use a head collar that isn’t the right size for your dog, it won’t work as it should.
Your Dog’s Collar Must Fit Properly
- PERSONALIZED DOG COLLAR - Add your dogs name, phone number, address, extra number, or be creative and add any text you want to your ID Dog...
- EMBROIDERED DOG COLLARS - This alternative to embroidery is preferable for many reasons including: no frayed or pulled threads, hi-def clear...
- AMERICAN OWNED. AMERICAN OPERATED. - Personalized Dog Gear is made from start to finish with some global materials by skilled US workers in...
Get a collar that correctly fits your dog. This is one of the advantages of custom dog collars. You can make sure it’s the exact right size for your dog. Follow the instructions your chosen custom collar maker provides to correctly measure your dog for the collar they will make.
If your dog’s collar is too tight, it may choke your pet. On the other hand, a too-loose collar may lead to other potentially hazardous problems, such as your dog getting its collar stuck on an object. This may also lead to choking.
Embroidered Dog Collar – Other Tips to Remember
Think about the best place to put your contact information on the custom collar. Remember, one of the benefits of a printed or embroidered dog collar is how you can have your personal contact information printed or embroidered on the collar. That way, if your dog gets lost, people can more quickly and easily contact you.
Many dog owners like to have their contact information printed or embroidered on the part of the collar that sits on the back of your dog’s neck. This will mean that people can see the information without having to touch your dog. Decide on information to put visibly on the dog collar that will help someone immediately contact you, so you can retrieve your dog if he ever gets lost.
Go Ahead and Treat Your Dog
- ➤4 sizes: x Small dog collar （5/8 wide by 10"-12" adjustable length）Small (5/8 wide by 12"-16" adjustable length), Medium (3/4 wide by...
- ➤COLLAR &THREAD COLOR OPTIONS: Black,Sky blue, Rose pink, Green, Teal blue &12 different text thread color you can choose:Black White , Sky...
- ➤ Reflective stitching for extra visibility from distance at night. Your information will be found easy and fast, if your fur baby wander off...
A custom embroidered or printed collar is a wonderful gift for your dog. Not only that, it may help keep your beloved pooch safe and secure. After all, if your pet ever gets lost, his custom collar will show your contact information and his name. Invest in a high-quality collar for your dog.
CLICK HERE to shop our complete selection of high quality dog products!