When it comes to choosing Garmin dog collars, there are many factors you have to take into account. Are you looking for a GPS-enabled collar? Perhaps one that is waterproof? How about a model that includes an LED light for nighttime walks?
There are various features to consider when choosing the best Garmin dog collar for your needs. This article will discuss these, and then we’ll help you figure out which option is best for your furry friend!
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 8 Garmin Dog Collars
- 2 What Should You Look for When Buying Garmin Dog Collars?
- 3 Final verdict
Top 8 Garmin Dog Collars
Garmin has built a reputation as one of the most trusted brands in the dog collar business. We’re going to review the following Garmin collars:
- T5 Mini Dog Device
- T5 Dog Device
- Astro 900
- Alpha 200i Bundle with TT 15
- Garmin Astro 320
- The Garmin PRO 550 Plus
- Garmin Astro 430
Garmin T5 Mini Dog Device
- Charging Clip, T5/TT/Astro 430 Collars
The T5 Mini dog device has more colors and ranges than the standard TM 5. It uses LED light beacons activated using the compatible handheld device. The lamps operate under low light and during the night and can be visible for a distance of 100 yards.
Rugged and waterproof at up to ten meters, this dog tracking collar is tough enough to take your dog anywhere. The T5 Mini comes with a blue-collar strap measuring 3 inches long in its box. Additional straps come in several different colors.
Garmin T5 Dog Device
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS;Range: 9 miles
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode. Neck size: Minimum of 9.5 Inch (24 cm) in circumference
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters); Collar compatibility: 1” (2.54 cm)
Are you looking for a dog collar that is reliable, top of the line, and can keep up with your active pup? Look no further than the Garmin T 5 Dog Device Collar. Running, hiking, and exploring dogs will appreciate this tough little collar.
It’s lightweight and comfortable to wear, with a long battery life that will keep your furry friend happy and active all day long. And if you ever get lost while out on a walk, don’t worry! The T 5 Dog Device has built-in GPS to help you find your way home in no time.
Garmin TT 15 Mini GPS Dog Collar
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS. Neck size- Minimum of 9.5 inch (24 cm) in circumference
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode as well as Stimulation levels-Tone and Vibration
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Range : 9 miles. Water rating : 1 ATM (10 meters)
The Garmin TT15 Mini dog collar tracks your pet just like the standard Garmin. However, this model is designed for smaller pets, typically those that weigh under 20 pounds. The TT15 Mini tracks your dog using GPS, GLONASS satellite technology, and a rechargeable battery with up to 30 hours of life.
This collar also includes LED beacon lights on the side so you can see your dog at night or in low-light conditions. In addition, the collar has seven levels of continuous stimulation plus vibration and tone options, so you can train your dog to respond to commands while out in the field. As with other Garmin collars, there are no annual fees required.
Garmin Astro 900
- Track up to 20 dogs with the 2.6” color display; pair with T 9 dog devices for a range of up to 5 miles (8 km); uses 900 MHz FHSS, approved for...
- 2.5-second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run
- High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite reception has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
The Garmin Astro 900 dog collar is a high-tech device that lets you track up to 20 dogs at once, with a 2.6-inch color display that makes it easy to see their location no matter where they are. The Astro 900 uses 900 MHz FHSS technology, making it approved in both the U.S. and Canada.
With a 2.5-second update rate, the Astro 900 is perfect for keeping up with your active dogs, and the included TOPO mapping provides all the information you need to know about your surroundings. Plus, with Hunt Metrics data analysis, you can track your dog’s speed, distance traveled, and more!
Alpha 200i Bundle with TT 15
- [GARMIN ALPHA 200i DOG HANDHELD BUNDLE] - Garmin Alpha 200i Handheld Dog GPS with Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, Belt Clip, AC Adapter,...
- [MULTI-DOG TRACKING GPS & INREACH TECHNOLOGY] - Tracks up to 20 dogs or buddies from up to 9 miles + 18 training levels of continuous and...
- [DOG FOCUSED & EASY CONTROL DOG HANDHELD] - Featuring a 3.5” touchscreen display with a 2.5-second update rate plus a button-operated,...
The Garmin Alpha 200i Bundle with TT 15 is perfect for sporting dog enthusiasts. This handheld GPS device offers precise monitoring of up to 20 dogs over nine kilometers away (depending on terrain and conditions), with exact distance readings from each dog and an audible alert tone that activates when the dog is on point.
In addition, the training system allows you to correct your dog’s behavior from a distance, making it easier to keep your dog under control when out.
Garmin Astro 320
- Carrying case (for bundle, Garmin Astro 320/DC 50)
- Country Of Origin: Taiwan, Province Of China
- Model Number: 010-12042-00
The Garmin Astro 320 handheld GPS unit gives you a better view of where your dog is and what he’s doing in real-time thanks to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. This is available as an initial one-year subscription in addition to a standard map display.
You’ll be able to track your dog’s position on detailed maps and get a birds-eye view of his location, even in areas where there is no cell phone reception. The Astro 320 comes with an integrated compass for improved navigation capabilities. It also has 16 continuous tone or vibration stimulation levels to help manage your dog’s behavior from up to nine kilometers away.
The Garmin PRO 550 Plus
- 2.5-second update rate provides faster location tracking when your dogs are on the run
- Customize training for each dog with 18 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation, tone and vibration settings
- At-a-glance directional tracking on the built-in display with GPS and GLONASS satellite reception shows which direction and how far away your...
The Garmin PRO 550 Plus Collar is a top-of-the-line GPS dog training system that allows you to train and track your dog from up to nine kilometers away. This smart dog tracker has easy-to-see, at-a-glance directional tracking with GPS and GLONASS satellite reception. The bright display will show you which direction your pup is in and how far away they are from you!
Garmin Astro 430
- Works with Alpha 100, Astro 220, 320, & 430, & Trashbreaker Pro
- VHF Antenna 2 Pack
- Garmin Antenna
Are you looking for a way to track your furry friends on your next hunting trip? Look no further than the Garmin Astro 430 dog collar! Its GPS/GLONASS reception tracks dogs in challenging environmental conditions and monitors up to 20 pooches at once.
You’ll have access to a free BirdsEye Satellite imagery subscription with a preloaded TOPO 100K map of the U.S for a year. And if you’re looking to analyze your dogs’ hunting patterns and behaviors, the Hunt Metrics data is there for you. So bring along the Garmin Astro 430 dog collar on your next outdoor adventure, and rest assured that your furry friends are safe and accounted for.
What Should You Look for When Buying Garmin Dog Collars?
Whether you’re a hunter or just love spending time with your dog in the great outdoors, Garmin dog collars are much more than an accessory. Let’s look at how to buy Garmin dog collars and what to look for in them. These are some key features you should keep in mind.
Different models cater to different purposes, including hunting, tracking, and basic obedience training. If you’re unsure which model is right for your pet, the Garmin website has a comprehensive guide that can help you choose.
Size of Your Dog
Garmin offers collars in various sizes, from extra small to XXL. The collar shouldn’t be too tight or too loose, so be sure to measure your dog’s neck before purchasing Garmin collars.
Rechargeable or Non-rechargeable
Rechargeable Garmin collars are convenient because you can plug them into a USB port and let them charge while you work on other tasks. However, Garmin also offers a variety of non-rechargeable Garmin collars that are just as reliable and effective.
Garmin dog collars are life-savers for hunters, hikers, and other adventurers. They provide peace of mind that your dog is safe even when you’re not there to watch them. When choosing Garmin collars, consider the size of your dog and what type of activity they will be doing while wearing them. Garmin offers a variety of models to choose from, so you’re sure to find the perfect collar for your pup.
CLICK HERE to browse our complete selections of sustainably sourced dog collars and leashes!