In this article, we’ll go over some of the most important features of a hunting dog shock collar and what you should look for when buying dog products. We will also talk about some of the things you should look out for to protect your dog.
First, you will need a shock collar that can be manually operated from a remote device. Unlike most shock collars that are designed to go off when your dog crosses a boundary, shock collars for hunting operate over a wider area.
These aren’t the only considerations for a shock collar for hunting dogs.
Table of Contents
- 1 1. PATPET Hunting Dog Shock Collar
- 2 2. SportDOG Brand 425X Remote Trainers
- 3 3. Dogtra 1900S Series Ergonomic 3/4-Mile IPX9K Hunting Dog Shock Collar
- 4 4. Garmin Delta Upland XC Hunting Dog Shock Collar
- 5 5. HOLDOG Rechargeable Hunting Dog Shock Collar
- 6 Hunting Dog Shock Collar – What To Look Out For
1. PATPET Hunting Dog Shock Collar
The PATPET Dog Training Collar gives dog owners a wide range and detailed command module for training their dogs.
The transmitter has a variety of command buttons that allow for blind operation. What does this mean? It means that each of the buttons has a different physical feel to let you send commands to your dog without even looking.
What is even more important is the sensitivity setting that lets you adjust the strength from levels one through 16. This ensures that you can set it to the proper strength for your dog, keeping them safe.
The screen offers a clear LCD that shows you the battery life as well as the strength setting. The collar has a range of 1,000 yards, making it easy for your dog to enjoy their freedom while staying close and obeying your commands.
The PATPET can control two dog collars at once — so you can cut training time in half for your pack of pups. The collar is also fully waterproof.
- Long range
- Adjustable strength settings
- Remote controls multiple collars
- Shorter charge than some comparable models
2. SportDOG Brand 425X Remote Trainers
- 500 YARD RANGE: e-collar that can support training up to 3 dogs with the same remote with purchase of additional collars (SDR-AXS). For dogs 8...
- NO LOOK OPERATION: Designed for ease-of-use and no look operation while offering more levels of stimulation which allows for more customized...
- TONE, VIBRATE, AND STIM: This electric e collar offers 21 levels of static stimulation with medium/high ranges. Option to train with vibration...
The SportDOG Brand 425X Remote Trainers lets dog owners train three dogs at once using the same remote.
With a range of settings, you can train your dogs using a buzz mode, tone mode, or a variety of static modes. There are 21 distinct static modes with customization settings so you can provide clear and distinct training commands.
The collars also come with a clear screen that indicates when it is time for the battery to charge the battery. You can return them to full power in just two hours. A full battery lasts between 50 and 70 hours, so you have plenty of time between charges.
With a communication range of up to 500 yards, the SportDOG collars let your dog explore while staying close and learning to follow your commands.
- Wide range of settings
- One remote can be used for up to three dogs
- Shorter range than some comparable models
- Additional collars purchased separately
3. Dogtra 1900S Series Ergonomic 3/4-Mile IPX9K Hunting Dog Shock Collar
- SEAMLESS DESIGN: The 1900S receiver is sleek and slim, which allows the strap to wrap around the receiver and your dog’s neck seamlessly. Its...
- IPX9K WATERPROOF CERTIFIED: The 1900S come with a durable receiver that is IPX9K waterproof certified, which means it has passed the...
- 3/4-MILE RANGE: The range of this training e-collar is perfect for simple to complex training commands for your dog. With a range of ¾-mile,...
The Dogtra 1900S Series is designed for ultimate customization. With 127 levels of stimulation, you can find the perfect one to train your dog while keeping them safe.
These settings include nick and correction settings. That means you can set it to either give a quick half-second vibration or a longer, attention-catching vibration. It all depends on what your dog responds to and where you are in the training process.
Meanwhile, the high-performance pager communicates clearly to your dog so they can respond promptly.
This collar is easy to adjust, with a clear LCD. The LCD lets you know what the stimulation level is and how much battery remains so that you are never caught off guard.
The Dogtra 1900S is easy to adjust so that it fits your dog comfortably and effectively. It has a range of ¾ mile so that you can communicate even if your dog starts to roam.
- Large range of strength settings so you can customize for your dog
- Settings for nick vs. vibration
- Made to be safe and comfortable
- Shorter range than some models
4. Garmin Delta Upland XC Hunting Dog Shock Collar
- THIS BUNDLE CONTAINS: 1 Garmin Delta Upland XC Hunting Dog Collar Bundle + 1 Teacher’s Pet Vinyl Dog Training Hunting Dummy Bumper
- STIMULATION LEVELS - Improved stimulation levels; features 36 levels of momentary and continuous stimulation, plus tone and vibration
- RANGE - Gives 3/4 mile range capability to correct your dog’s behavior while out in the field
The Garmin Delta Upland XC hunting dog collar is a training collar explicitly made for hunting dogs. With settings to let you send commands with only one hand, it is the perfect collar to help your dog follow your commands on the hunt.
The collar has a variety of command buttons to let you use a range of commands, including stimulation, tone, and vibration. You can even adjust these settings based on your dog’s size, breed, and fur thickness. This ensures that you can train effectively while keeping your dog safe.
The Delta Upland XC even has four unique sounds to help your dog get used to the conditions of a hunt. These include a hawk scream, among others.
This extremely customizable collar offers a total of 54 training commands that vary in type and level. This lets you program it perfectly for your dog.
With a clear LCD screen and a range of ¾ mile, the Delta Upland XC is an excellent choice for training your hunting or bird dog.
- Huge range of customization settings
- Specific hunting settings
- Safety measures
- Shorter range than some models
5. HOLDOG Rechargeable Hunting Dog Shock Collar
The HOLDOG Rechargeable Dog Training Collar is a lesser-known but still an excellent choice for training hunting dogs.
The collar has three modes for training. This includes beep, vibration, and shock modes. Each of these serves a distinct purpose during training to help your dog learn to listen and obey while you are out.
The HOLDOG collar is completely waterproof, which means that you don’t have to worry if your dog gets muddy or wet.
The collar is rechargeable. Charging time is between two and three hours and lasts up to three weeks. That means that you never have to worry about it running out of charge in the middle of a hunting or training session.
What is more, you can simultaneously charge the transmitter and receiver to make sure that all the parts are in working order. With a clear LED battery indicator, you always know how much battery life you have remaining.
The collar has a range of 400 yards. That means that your dog can explore and enjoy freedom while still staying close by and learning to obey your commands.
- Long range and battery life
- Multiple modes for training
- Waterproof and rechargeable
- Fewer features than some models
- Shorter range than some models
Hunting Dog Shock Collar – What To Look Out For
When you’re buying a shock collar for your dog, it’s important to remember that not every collar is right for every dog. It is important to buy the right one for your dog to ensure that he or she stays safe during training.
Make sure that the shock collar you choose is appropriately sized and set for your breed of dog. This will help you avoid using a collar with too-high settings, which can burn or otherwise injure your dog.
To view our complete line of high quality collars and leashes, CLICK HERE!